Cost: No cost to signup
Target Audience: The target audience is anyone who wants to earn gift cards from completing surveys online.
Tellwut.com (Tell What You Think) is a site that allows to to sign up and earn gift cards for doing surveys and polls (mostly very short) on many subjects. You can also create your own surveys for extra points.
Tellwut is short for “Tell What You Think” and is a site where you can take short surveys on a variety of subjects. The online research company is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and crowdsources surveys and polls. Completing these short surveys or polls typically earns you from 5 to 10 points. You can create your own surveys for additional points (10-20). You are also emailed opportunities to take external, longer survey in your Tellwut “inbox”. Points earned on these surveys varies. Most surveys are pretty easy and very quick. Reward points on these external surveys vary
You must be 18 years old to sign up at Tellwut.
As long as you’ve verified your email address, you’ll be eligible to begin receiving rewards points. In fact, just completing the signup puts you in line for 100 points. Here is a closer look at the various point amounts offered:
- You get 100 points for simply signing up
- You earn another 100 points for providing additional details about hourself.
- You earn 5-15 points for taking the suveys and polls on the site.
- When you create your own survey, you can earn between 15-30 points.
- You can earn 25 points for referring your friends.
I’ve found over the years I have used Tellwut, that I can earn 4,000 points for a $10 gift card in about 2 weeks, sometimes 3 weeks of spending less than an hour a day on the site. You should sign in a couple of times daily to catch the new surveys and complete them quickly
The main pros for Tellwut are as follows:
- Anyone can sign up
- There is no way to get disqualified or kicked out
- You can complete around 30 surveys each day
- You can refer your friends for credit
- You are allowed to create your own surveys for extra points
- You are emailed offers to take longer surveys in your “inbox”.
- Social interaction between users is allowed via private messaging.
The Cons for Tellwut are:
- It can take a while to earn enough points for even the $10 gift cards.
- Cash and Paypal rewards are not given.
- I’ve found several of the surveys I created not accepted because they are too similar to subjects that already have surveys. There is a limit of two created surveys a week.
Rewards start at $10 gift cards from various businesses like Amazon, Tango, and Home Depot. You need 4,000 points to earn a $10 gift card. A $15 Subway gift card costs 6,250 points. For $25 gift cards, you need to earn 10,000 points which take forever it seems.
They have a support office which has 9-5 hours during weekdays. However I have never had a reason to contact them.
There is no cost to sign up at Tellwut.
In my opinion and experience, Tellwut is a decent way to earn some small gift cards, but it can be pretty slow. Their rating at the BBB is good and also at the SurveyPolice site, and they do pay out quickly when you earn a gift card in my experience.
Thanks for looking at my site and coming to this page. I would also love for you to leave any questions or comments below. I enjoy talking about my experiences online and what has worked or not worked for me. – Shirley
Note: There may be some affiliate links within this post if clicked on and a purchase made will earn me a small commission, with no increase in cost t